Filed under: Submission Calls Jan 7, 2015
** PERMISSION TO FORWARD **
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS — JMS BOOKS and QUEERTEEN PRESS
JMS Books LLC is a small press specializing in LGBT romance ranging from sweet to erotic. We have over 120 authors publishing with us and our YA imprint, Queerteen Press. We release 4 e-books a week and 6 print books a month.
Some of our best-selling authors include J.M. Snyder, Drew Hunt, Terry O’Reilly, JL Merrow, Jeff Adams, A.R. Moler, Iyana Jenna, Wayne Mansfield, J.D. Walker, Francis Gideon, and Hayden Thorne.
We are currently open to submissions. ALL submissions must follow our guidelines. Visit http://www.jms-books.com for more detailed information, but the highlights are listed below.
We pay 50% net royalties on sales through all distribution channels. Our contracts are for an initial period of 2 years. A sample contract is available upon request.
We accept reprints and previously published content (including self-published stories) on a case-by-case basis. If your publisher has recently closed or returned your rights to you, feel free to submit your story to us! We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions.
- We only accept Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender fiction
- Stories must be between 7,000 and 130,000 words
- Stories MUST contain a romance
- Stories may contain any level of erotic content
- Stories may be any subgenre (contemporary, fantasy, paranormal, etc)
We are particularly interested in the following:
- LGBT cowboys/girls and westerns (contemporary or historical)
- Gay YA romance and coming-of-age
- Stories involving gay parents
- MMF or MFM menage stories
- LGBT BDSM erotic romance
- M/M erotic romance (any genre)
Send the first 2,000 words and a full synopsis to email@example.com with “Submission” and the title of your story in the subject line.
We will respond to your email in less than 2 business days. If we like the story and request the full manuscript, our turnaround time is less than 1 week.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.